Now that we’ve covered off the world’s most popular sport in our previous post, we wanted to bring things back to our home soil. For many families, summer in Canada and the US means baseball, hot dogs, and endless practices.
If you’re organizing your own baseball tournament, here are a few things to keep in mind.
• How many teams will participate in the tournament?
• Will any of these teams be from the U.S?
• Are the diamonds available for your requested dates? Will the venue require any special insurance from the tournament organizer to host the tournament?
• Can you secure umpires and other officials for the dates?
• What safety measures will you put in place to ensure a safe and enjoyable time for all players and spectators?
• We always recommend asking teams for a copy of their insurance, or a certificate of insurance, naming your tournament and the venue as an additional insured.